Magick Spells and Incantations
Magic Spells, rituals, and incantations can be used for good or evil and much of their power lies in the will or intent of the caster. Magic Spells, charms, and rituals can be used as originally written or created by someone else, or they can be altered, or they can be designed specifically for a focused purpose. Generally, the more focused a spell is, the greater its chance of success.
Magic Spells - Supernatural Influences
Magic Spells are magical acts intended to cause an effect on reality using supernatural means of liturgical or ritual nature.
Magic spells are a substantial component of many Pagan religions and can also be found in some monotheistic religions. Others, like Islam and Christianity, explicitly forbid the practice of magic spells. Medieval collections of Magic Spells were called grimoires.
Magic Spells were probably developed during the Neolithic magical belief period and have been practiced since then both in accepted and clandestine environments.
Magic Spells - Ancient Practices
They were common in Pagan societies as part of massive official holidays promoted by authorities: this activity is well documented in a number of historical sources. On the other hand, practitioners were harshly prosecuted in other places and ages, especially in areas whose state religion was Christianity. Today, practitioners of magic are protected under the freedom of belief, a fundamental right that spells tolerance and is regarded by most democratic countries.
Typically, a Magic Spell is a symbolic representation of the purported effect performed under the invocation of a deity. It can even be an unwilling instantaneous action with no specific shape. But in more developed Pagan beliefs, Magic Spells have the following general structure:
- Magic Spell Preparation: when all needed products are disposed in the appropriate location and the involved individuals perform preliminary activities like fasting, praying, etc.
- The Magic Spell "Overture": to start the ritual or liturgical performance, create an appropriate, solemn "magical environment" and reinforce the communion effect among participants.
- The Invocation: when the cooperation of supernatural forces is requested to take the Magic Spell to reality.
- The Execution: where all ritualized magical acts belonging to the Magic Spell are precisely performed.
- Closure: to solemnize the end of the act and dissolve the "magical environment" created during the overture.
Notice the similarity between this structure and the liturgy of more modern monotheistic religions. It is from the early practices of witchcraft that their practices were derived. A good example of such a parallelism is the Catholic Mass.
Black Magic Spells
When the goal of a Magic Spell and the means used to achieved it are regarded as immoral, illegal, or pernicious by a certain society, the spell is defined as a black Magic Spell.
White Magic Spells
If a society accepts both the goal and the means as innocuous, it is defined as a white Magic Spell. While these terms are used by practitioners to convey to non-practitioners the difference between positive and negative Magic Spells, the terms 'black magic spell' and 'white magic spell' are not generally used amongst practitioners themselves.
The Resurgence of Magic Spells
Neopagan religions like Wicca have recovered the usage of Magic Spells, stripped them of many of their negative labels and are fully engaged in their vindication. Many people perform Magic Spells privately for themselves, or for others, or for a price—usually following the instructions of occultist books or other sources—commonly seeking health, wealth and prosperity although sometimes also for revenge or hate. It must be noted, however, that several branches of Neopaganism, such as Wicca, expressly forbid the use of Magic Spells if they harm others. Additionally, within the bounds of Wiccan ethics, if a Magic Spell is to be used on another human being, his or her consent must generally be obtained.
Spell Research Opportunities
Spelwerx is currently engaged in extensive research into the following areas of magic and witchcraft. If you would like to be involved or contribute to this effort, please contact us and briefly explain the contribution you believe you would be best able to make. All requests are considered on a first come — first serve basis and we will only respond if you are accepted.
Assorted Magic Spells
- Acne Spells
- Ancient Spells
- Magic Answer Spells and Rituals - Easy to Cast Magic Spells for Finding Answers
- Bay Leaf Spells
- Magic Bottle Spells
- Magic Business Spells and Rituals
- Magic Dedication Spells
- Free Magic Spells and Incantations
- Friendship Magic Spells and Rituals: To Get and Keep Good Friends
- Good Magic Spells
- Hair Growth Spells
- Magic Spells - Individual
- Magic Spells That Really Work
- Magic Spells - Spells of Magic Used for Manipulation of the Natural and Supernatural Worlds
- Magic Spells
- Magic Spells and Incantations
- Magick Spells
- Moon Rituals and Spells
- Powerful Magic Spells
- Protection Spells
- Protection Spells: Free Real Magic Protection Spells and Rituals
- Psychic Spells
- Spell to Protect a Loved One
- Spells and Rituals of Witchcraft and Wicca Magic from Our Online Book of Shadows