Spellcasting: A Few Words About Casting Spells
First and foremost, especially for beginners, find a quiet location where you will not be distracted or interrupted. Take time to prepare yourself and your spell. Do not hurry. You will be working with one of the most powerful forces in the universe, treat it as such.
- Remain focused and be specific. Don't be shy about specifying that which you desire. Always keep in mind that magick works best when you are clear regarding your needs or desires. Focus your power. Work on one thing at a time. Casting a spell for multiple wishes never works.
- Timing is very important. Casting your spell at the proper time will enhance its power. Days of the week and phases of the moon all have specific energies associated with them. By choosing the right time for a spell, you can help to insure its effectiveness.
- Choose your words carefully. If it is a spell you have written yourself, you have a little leeway, but if it is an established spell, practice before you begin, there's a reason it is written that way. Many practitioners, some claiming great experience, fail to heed this admonition, and while they may have some limited success, it remains just that—limited. The words are important. The language in which the spell is written or cast does not matter—it is all in the intention conveyed by the words.
- Remember the importance of symbols. When casting a spell it is always best to surround yourself with appropriate objects that will serve to enhance the power of the spell.
- Be careful. Act responsibly. I'm sure you've heard the old admonition, "Watch what you wish for-you might just get it!" Well, with spell casting you can multiply that admonition many times over. Be very careful what you ask for and how you ask for it--you may get much more than you bargained for!